Logistics is a massive and global industry, shifting trillions of dollars of goods across the earth annually. Yet it's an industry steeped in tradition, and late to the data "table." In this conversation, we'll explore the ways in which data is transforming the logistic industry, including:
- streamlining formerly inefficient markets
- bringing transparency to price discovery
- un-siloing data and applying machine learning to structuring data
- leveraging the cloud to enable a single source of truth
- changing transportation and logistics providers into information providers
- starting to bridge the product supply chain with the information supply chain
We'll examine not only the technologies themselves but also the strategies that winning companies can leverage to participate in this rapid change.